Saturday, May 11, 2013

Should You Write A Story?

Have you wondered whether writing would suit you? 

Do you wonder if you should even try?

The answer is almost always, yes! It just might suit you and you should try! How will you know unless you try? 

 I believe everyone has a story to tell but many don't have the courage to write it. There's always something keeping them back. They believe themselves to be cowardly in this case and so they dont even try for courage. And they're right. You do need courage. 

Writing is not going to be easy. No two ways about it. But that doesn't mean you should give up before even starting! 

It'll be hard but it will also be fun! It will help you see the world in ways you never would have dreamed. If you write enough, you will start to see stories everywhere. 

Writing is an amazing way to get your thoughts down, or just let off a little steam. 


Mr. Hemingway was right. That's all there is. 

A lot of the things I've written, were written because I needed to get something off my chest but didn't really want to talk to anyone. I poured my heart into those stories and posts and I'm quite happy with how they turned out! They didn't even have to have anything to do with my current problem. I just used the emotions I was feeling and relayed them through my writing. (The angry ones don't make it that far...) 

But fiction may not be for everyone. Maybe you are an expert at making your camera do cool things! Share that information! E-books are a huge hit right now and I doubt that's going to change for a while. Or start a blog! (I adore blogs!) Now is your chance to share your passion with the world! Maybe you'll get money from it! Added bonus! Although money should never be the reason you have for writing. If you aren't passionate about something and are only doing it for money, readers will be able to tell. 

But maybe you know fiction like the back of your hand. Great! Now you have no excuse to keep putting off writing your story! I say go for it! You will learn so many things along the way! 

So will you join us writers and put pen to paper? Will you write that novel? Ebook? Short story? 

Tell me about your passion or story idea! I would love to hear about it! :) Shoot me an e-mail (bethanycorrine@yahoo.com) or comment on this post! (E-mails and comments make me want to go leaping and shouting through the streets tossing confetti in the air for pure joy by the way. :)

Today is the day to stop procrastinating and finally do what you have only dreamed of doing. Today. 

15 comments:

  1. My best friend, her sister, and I are working on a story right now. The story has multiple points of view so each person has a character they created and they get to write from that character's point of view. The story is called "Can You Keep A Secret?" It's about three best friends (Indie, Amber, and Kaitlyn) who go to Willow High together. They're in ninth grade and in Willow High, secrets are treasure. Secrets get passed around the whole high school and sometimes leak into the middle schools. They can be anything from funny, to dangerous, to bizarre. Indie, Amber, and Kaitlyn all have a secret of their own that they haven't told anyone. Not even each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *goes running through the street with confetti*

      That sounds really cool! I love books that have different POVs! It's makes it really fun to read! Which charrie is yours?

      Delete
    2. Thanks! :D My character is Indie Snow. :D She's fourteen, easygoing, middle of the middle, not too smart (but thrives in English), not too dumb (but sucks at math), not too popular, not a freak, doesn't get into stupid stuff, witty and sarcastic, somewhat brave, but has her limits. My friends that are writing this with me (Kirsten and Avery) and I want to make it fantasy, so I made Indie's secret have to do with magic of some sort. I'll be posting some of the story on my blog soon. ;)

      Delete
    3. She sounds awesome! (And a bit like me..."not too smart (but thrives in English), not too dumb (but sucks at math), not too popular, not a freak, doesn't get into stupid stuff," sounds just me! Sadly, the witty part doesn't really fit...

      Oo! I'll be watching for it now! You can't back out because I will know! ;)

      Delete
    4. Ha ha! I think I sort of based her off of me without realizing it. I'm really bad at math, but LOVE English. Though she does wear glasses, and I don't (yet), has blue eyes (I have brown), and mainly writes poetry (whereas I don't).

      LOL! I just posted it. ;)

      Delete
    5. Ahh! *rushes off to read it*

      I think I did that with my MC as well. Haha. It just kinda happened...but it makes her easier to write! I know exactly what she'll say without having to think too hard! :)

      Delete
    6. It is!! And your story was really good! It made me think of Anne Shirley sitting in school waiting to hear if she beat Gilbert or not. :)

      Delete
  2. I am writing my own book, based off Arthurian Legend (which I am obsessed with; any good books about it that you have to recommend?). I am actually having my main character be Nimueh, you know, that one who locks up Merlin:) And though she is bad for some of it... not ready to blow that secret! Anyways, I'm really exhilarated about it since I've only been writing it for a week and I already have 100 pages!!!!!!!!!!
    Great post:)

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love the Arthurian legend!! (Cept Lancelot. He's dumb.) have you read, "The Once And Future King? I haven't even got close to finishing (although I've heard the end is really dark) but I really like it! What about Howard Pyle? His books are so good! I like the Robin Hood one the best. I also like, Tennyson's poems! There's also a modern series but for the life of me I can't remember the name of it. Each of the books features a different legend. I'll remember them tonight at 3 am I'm sure. :) There's also TA Barron's but you've read those. Haha. Oh! And the Age Of Chivalry by Thomas bulfinch!

      That's exciting to be that far in already! The only way I can get that many pages done is by using really big font. ;)

      Wasnt it Vivian who trapped him? Hmm..maybe I'm just confused. Haha. Happens to me a lot. :)

      Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. *that many pages in so short a time

      Delete
    3. I have read every single one of those!!!!!! Thanks, though:)
      Vivian & Nimueh are both the same people- I've heard author's call her by both names in one book or they just pick one of them. There are quite a few variations I've read:)
      I don't think I've read the modern one you can't remember the name of, so when you tell me I would LOVE to hear:)
      A few more Arthurian Legend books I love that you haven't mentioned and might enjoy are: I am Morgan le Fay & I am Mordred- Nancy Springer, The Story of King Arthur and His Knights of The Round Table- Roger Lancelyn Greene, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight- J. R. R. Tolkien and a bunch more... but I'm not going to name them all=D

      Layla.
      P. S. I fell into hysterics when I read that really big font thing:)

      Delete
    4. Haha! Figures. :P Oh I forgot about J.R.R Tolkien! How does that even happen?? I remembered the books! The series doesn't have a name but the individual books are, "A Squire's Tale", "The Damsel and the Dwarf", "Percival"...and I don't remember the others. Haha. I actually had to ask my sister. Lol.

      They are the same person? Really? I just used a version of Vivian in my book. I didn't plan it, it just kinda happened. Haha. But I may use the name Nimueh instead...

      Delete
    5. Yeah, same people:) I remember now, I've actually read A Squires Tale, but didn't know it was a series. Now I can't wait to find the rest!
      Tibi gratias ago!

      Layla.

      Delete