Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Never-ending "To-Read" Pile

First off, so sorry this post took so long to get here today. I was with a friend all afternoon and didn't have time to do it earlier. 

(My picture is not the greatest but the lighting is terrible today. Sorry!)

As a reader, there's always new books. There's always something I desperately want to read. About a month ago, I was in a reading slump. I didnt want to read, I really didnt want to do much of anything. 

But then, one epic book at a time, I started to get back in a groove. I read Cinder and The Clocks. Ruby Red and Divergent. I've come back. 

And now my "to read" pile is growing at an enormous rate. Here's what books are on it as of now. 

-Sapphire Blue By Kirsten Gier. The sequel to Ruby Red! Ahh! More Gideon! 

-Insurgent by Veronica Roth.  A sequel to Divergent. As these types of books go, there's a lot of death in my future. And I'm not too happy about it. The first page almost killed me. Seriously. 

-The Fault in Our Stars By John Greene. I must be a glutton for punishment. So many people say, be prepared to cry. Im excited for the book, but scared out of my mind as well. 

-Glass Girl. I read the first few chapters of this book in an ebook comprised of YA excerpts. I fell in love and just had to buy it. It made me cry in just that little bit of time. So many sad books! 

-Gone. One of my best friends suggested this book. At first I was weary, but now, I deeply regret not buying the five dollar copy at Barnes and Noble. I really really want to read it now. Why is that always how it works? 

-The Moonstone. I've heard Wilkie Collins was the best mystery writer to have ever lived. So now of course I have to read his book and test that. ;P 

-Julie by Catherine Marshall. I loved Christy so I'm pretty pumped About this one!! 

What's on your "to read" list? Do you know of any books I should add to mine? 

2 comments:

  1. The ever-growing To Read list....I've got lots of suggestions, but that would take up more space than a comment. :p

    Glad you're reading The Fault in Our Stars! It is pretty good, John Green definitely is a great writer, but it wasn't a tear-jerker for me. So maybe you'll be set. :)

    OK, one suggestion....The Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman trilogy by Pamela Aidan. I've already read the first one yet, but they're awesome. She basically re-tells Pride and Prejudice over the course of three books, through Darcy's eyes. I'm not a huge spin-off person, but she does a great job on these. Paperback romance at its best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those books sound awesome! When I read the original P & P, Darcey's POV was my favorite. I just wanted to get into his mind and see what he was thinking so that sounds perfect! Thanks for the suggestion! I'll see if my library has it! :)

      Delete