Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

Oh blogglings, how I love the little things in life! It doesn't take much to please me. So today, (because yesterday was a bit of a...disappointment on the happy level) I want to tell you about a few of my favorite things. *Que Julie Andrews*

1. Number one is the reason I had the idea for this post. My sister went to the library and came home with a book I've been dying to read. DIVERGENT! I know this book has tons of fans so I am so excited to join them! But the thing that makes me most happy is holding a new book in my hands. The thickness, the new worlds yet to be explored, the characters I may fall in love with. It just makes me so happy. :)

2. Music. I've been one a huge "different" music kick. I've been listening to a lot of music that has a totally different sound than my usual. Awolnation, switchfoot, that type. It's kinda awesome.

3. I just love pickles. Their taste is just epic. I suspect the vinegar. Which sounds crazy now that I say it...most people don't like vinegar...I must be quite a bit more different than I thought...anywho. *clears throat*

4. Penguins. They're so cute and awesome. :)

5. Blogs. I adore blogs and blogging. It's so fun to connect with people this way. It's refreshing to me. I don't ever want to stop.

6. French fries. Especially from McDonalds and B-Bops. Yum! (I haven't eaten at all today so really,  any food would probably taste good to me. But especially french fries.)

7. Being alone. I'm an introvert through and through.  I've mentioned that to my friends and they all get really confused. Almost all of them said they don't see me as an introvert at all. But I assure you. I crave solitude more than anything sometimes. I could be a hermit! I wonder if it would pay very well?

8. Rereading books. There's not much better than visiting an old friend. And that's always how it feels to reread a book I love.

9. Smiles. When people smile, really smile, I feel like I'm getting a glimpse into their soul. Especially if there's eye contact as well. It's simply stunning.

10. Rasberry tea. My friend and I are obsessed with tea. If we go out to eat with our friends, they know Joe and Beth will order some kind of tea. Most likely with no ice. It's pretty fun. :)

11. History. Im a sucker for history. History books, documentaries, pictures. I just adore learning about people long past. It's quite beautiful.

12. Sparkles. I can't help it. If it's shiny, lit up, colorful, or sparkly, I can't help but grin. A little bit of my A.D.D. side showing I guess.

13. Words. The way they roll off your tongue.  The way they sound, the way they look, the way they cut you to the core of your being or make you feel like you could sprout wings and fly. Poetry, prose, music. Whatever it is, it's absolutely stunning.

14. Pinterest. Yeup. I addicted. But usually, it doesn't feel like a bad thing. I just love it.

What are your favorite things? I would love to hear them! But instead of just commenting them, you could make your own blog post listing them, then comment here with the link!  (You could just comment them, but where's the fun in that? ;) I can't wait to see what you all say!

No comments:

Post a Comment