Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Lord of the Rings Prompt

Since today is Thursday and I've been failing at the prompts I post, (That's right. I never finished last week's. I'm a failure.) we're going to do something a little bit different.

This time, I'll just show a picture and you can write whatever you want about it. Story, description, emotion. Whatever you like. Write for 10 minutes and post the piece in the comments. And I WILL do it this time!

Since it's Tolkien week, the picture is from Lord of the Rings.

Feel free to share this post with others! The more the merrier!

When you've posted your piece, take a look at some others! What do you like about them? What don't you like as much? Tell the author about it. Feedback is always appreciated!

Okay! For the picture!

1 comment:

  1. Here is my piece!

    There is no pain like the pain of loss. It shatters the soul and leaves you numb. No one knows this better than I do.
    He's gone. He's gone to his death and I did not stop him. And I must leave forever. But this grief shall always be mine.
    I won't see his warm eyes or playful grin ever again. I sit staring at nothing in particular. Even the flowers of this world have lost their radiance without him.
    A tear winds it's way down my cheek. I have not the strength nor will to wipe it away. I savor the saltiness on my lips. This is what death must taste like. Emptiness.
    On an impulse, I smash my fist into the granite bench I am sitting on. It's not fair.
    I scream at the sky and break down into sobs, covering my face with my hands. It is the first time in my life I have been anything but elegant and graceful. But what is graceful in this pain? What is elegant in losing the man I love to fate?
    I curl up and scream into my arms. It's not fair. It's not fair. It's not fair.

    ReplyDelete