Sunday, September 22, 2013

Concerning Hobbits

Guess what today is?? It's Hobbit Day! It's a day to celebrate Hobbits! Best holiday ever if you ask me! You can go barefoot all day, dress like a hobbit, do LOTR movie marathons, eat seven meals, whatever you like to do to honor Tolkiens creations. (Some people go really extreme!)

I haven't done much for it sad to report. I was with friends all weekend so I got distracted and forgot. But im going to go barefoot the rest of the day and watch at least one of the movies! I get REALLY nerdy when it comes to anything Tolkien so this day is awesome! 

"What is a hobbit though?" A hobbit is a short person with hairy feet.

"They would be small, only children to your eyes." -Aragorn

But there's so much more to them than that.

They're kind. They love good tilled earth and fine ales. Pipeweed is their favorite. Well, actually food might be their REAL favorite.

"They say a hobbits only real passion is for food." -Bilbo Baggins

They enjoy quiet and peace. Adventures seem rather too exciting for them. (Most of them.)

"Before you came along we Baggins' were very well thought of. Never had any adventures or did anything unexpected." -Frodo Baggins

They're sweet and have good, noble hearts. But they can be foolish at times.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time and rid us of your stupidity!" -Gandalf

I love the simplicity of a hobbit life. Sometimes I wish I could have that.

I love so much about hobbits it's hard to list it all.

This week is Tolkien week so we'll be talking a lot about Lord of the Rings and hobbits and things. There's so many fun things we could do! I'm pretty excited about it!

If you would like to guest post sometime this week I can still fit you in! Just e-mail me at rainbowsandpenguinsblog(at)gmail(dot)com with any ideas you have. If you would like to guest post but dont have an idea of what to write, that's fine! I'll help you come up with something!

Have a very happy Hobbit Day!

What's your favorite thing about hobbits? Are you doing anything to celebrate hobbit day?

3 comments:

  1. Ha! :D I just did a Tolkien-themed blog post on my blog today! How funny! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't see that! Cool! I'll have to check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. I didn't know that. I'll pass it on.

    ReplyDelete