Friday, September 6, 2013

A Much Needed Push to The Desk

Lately I have found myself needing more inspiration to write. And yes, I am well aware that inspiration is a myth and that really, I just need to sit down and do it. But sometimes I need an extra push. You too? So I guess we both need a push. I've been looking at some writing quotes and I've found some that are soon becoming my favorites. So here it is, a push out the door! (Er...to the desk.)

Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
~Les Brown

You don’t have to say everything to say something. ~Beth Moore

No man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. ~CS Lewis.

Everybody walks past a thousand story ideas every day. The good writers are the ones who see five or six of them. Most people don’t see any. ~Orson Scott

If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that. ~Stephen King

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. ~Ernest Hemingway

I am like a little pencil in God’s hand. He does the writing. The pencil has nothing to do with it. ~Mother Teresa

Write something that’s worth fighting over. Because that’s how you change things. That’s how you create art. ~Jeff Goins

Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book! That they were graven with an iron pen and lead in the rock for ever! ~Job 19

The writer is an explorer. Every step is an advance into a new land. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Know that the Creator lives and moves and breathes within you. So those dreams? Risk them. Those words? Write them. Those hopes? Believe them. ~Elora Nicole Ramirez

So maybe now we all feel a little more "inspired" to write. I'd love to hear some of your favorite quotes on writing! Share them in the comments! Feel free to share what you're stuck with in your WIP or whatever's holding you back, I'd love to hear about that too! Maybe forming the problem into words will give you some ideas! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love quotes! :D They make me feel tiny, but in a good way. (Does that even make sense)? I'm inspired now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes perfect sense! You should write something about that. It would be beautiful. :) And good! I'm glad!

      Delete