Monday, September 23, 2013

Lord of the Rings Meme


I'm participating in a blog party at The Ede of the Precipice to celebrate Tolkien week. This meme is a link up. Check out the original post here:
http://theedgeoftheprecipice.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-tolkien-blog-party-of-special.html?m=1

So sorry this post is so late today. (Midnight! Ack!) My day filled up with so many things I could barely think! But I'm writing it now at least! 

1. Have you read The Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit? If so, how many times?

I've read the books a few times. I don't know exactly how many. I've read the hobbit more often than the others though. 

2. Have you seen any movies based on them?

All of them. More times than I can even count. I could probably hold whole conversations with just quotes from them. 

3. Who first introduced you to Middle Earth?

My dad read me the books when I was maybe...10? It was a while ago at least. 

4. Who are your three favorite characters? (Feel free to elaborate on whys.)

Oh man...ummm...hard to pick just three!  I adore Aragorn. He's so brave and noble. Sam is absolutely amazing. The greatest example of a friend in hard times. He did so much for Frodo! And...Gimli I guess. He's just funny. Legolas would be my fourth. If, you know, I was allowed to list four. 

5. What's your favorite Middle Earth location?

Either the Shire or Lothlorien. 

6. If you could belong to one of the races of Free Folk (Men, Elves, Dwarves, Hobbits, Ents), which would you choose?

Elves because of their grace and beauty or hobbits for their love of simplicity. 

7. Would you rather eat lembas or taters?

Hmmm...lembas. :) 

8. If you lived in Middle Earth, what weapon would you prefer wielding?

A bow and arrows! I've always wanted to be an archerer! 

9. What draws you to Tolkien's stories? (The characters, the quests, the themes, the worlds, etc.)

I love the characters and the fierce struggle between good and evil. It's so deep and thought-provoking

10. List up to five of your favorite lines/quotes from the books or movies.

"I do not believe this darkness will endure."

"Please Mr. Gandalf sir. Don't 'urt me. Don't turn me into anythin'...unnatural." 

"Smeagol will staaaaaaaarve!!" 

"That still only counts as one!" 

"It's the deep breath before the plunge." 

I could go on but it says up to five so I should stop. But there's so many more that deserve the spotlight! 

What are your favorite things about LotR? (Characters, themes, races, weapons, etc.) Let's talk about them in the comments! 

3 comments:

  1. "Smeagol will staaaaaaaarve!!" Ha ha! :D I forgot about this one! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm so glad you joined the party! I got a big kick out of your quote choices, especially Smeagol's ;-)

    I chose either a bow or crossbow as my weapon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Smeagol quote has always been one of my favorites. :) I tend to quote it a lot when I can't find any food to eat. XD Thanks again for hosting the party Hamlette!

    ReplyDelete