Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Every Good Word-A Link-Up Quiz

If you follow me, I'm sure you've noticed how often I do link ups. I'm kind of obsessed with them. They're a great way to interact with other blogs and bloggers.

This link up is from a blog I discovered only today. But I already adore it. The design is superb and the girl behind it (Meghan) is awesome. From what I gather, the blog is pretty new. She's hosting a party with giveaways and all kinds of stuff so be sure to go check it out!  It's called Every Good Word and is dedicated to writers and helping them in their craft.

Anyway, on to the link up questions!

What was your first-ever piece of writing? When I was about twelve-ish I wrote the beginnings of a story about a boy and a girl who had lived in the woods ever since their mother had been killed by the evil king. They were the rightful heirs to the throne and the evil king had captured, not killed, their family. I had about half the novel thought out but with my young writing "skills" I got most of the book done in twenty pages or so. It was pitiful but I'm thinking of altering the plot and adopting it again.

How old were you when you first began writing? About twelve I think.

Name two writing goals. One short term & one long term. For the short term I really want to finish "To Save The Lost" before November. I decided the reason I got so sick of it was just a lack of knowing what should happen next. I wrote myself into a corner and had no where to go. So I'm going to start over and plot it, writing scenes out and whatnot. For long term, I really would like to get something published and maybe go to college for a  communications major.

Do you write fiction or non-fiction? Both. I write for this blog and I have two fiction WIPs. I think it would be so fun to write an e-book as well! I've been mulling that over quite a bit actually.

Bouncing off of question 4, what's your favorite genre to write in? I love fantasy but I think my favorite is modern stuff. What would you call that? YA Contemporary perhaps?

One writing lesson you've learned since 2013 began. "Don't be a writer, be writing." I don't remember who said this or I would give them the credit. But it has helped me to remember to actually write.

Favorite author, off the top of your head! Rick Riordan. I know, of all the wonderful classics and amazing ly deep authors, I pick him. But I adore his style and humor.

Three current favorite books. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke, Forest Born by Shannon Hale, and Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery.

Biggest influence on your writing {person}: Person that I know? Hmm...probably my mom. If she didn't love books so much,  I wouldn't love them as much, and I wouldn't have been motivated to write.

What's your go-to writing music? It's a mix. Usually Lord of The Rings or Narnia soundtracks but lately I've just been listening to popular songs like from the radio. I've only been plotting though. Not writing. But you'll hear about those adventures some other time. ;)

List three to five writing quirks of your's! Little habits, must-haves as you write, etc. My characters all want to be incredibly creative and talented people, all the boys want to look just like Logan Lerman, and they're all nice people. I can't do snotty people very well.

What, in three sentences or less, does your writing mean to you? Writing is my escape from reality or my lenses to see reality better. I'm constantly wishing it was possible for me to have a million projects at once so I could chase the fanciful plots and characters that skip through my mind. And without it, I'd be starved for a way to express myself. 

Head over to Every Good Word and add your own post or just check it out! :)

8 comments:

  1. I found you from the Every Good Word linkup. Your blog looks great! I'll definitely visit again :)

    www.coversandink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad you linked up, Beth! Great to meet another kindred spirited writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you hosted it! :) I love meeting kindred spirits too!

      Delete
  5. Oh, this is so cool! :D Can I steal it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh by all means! :) You should link up too! It's looking to be a great blog!

      Delete