Thursday, August 22, 2013

5 Things I Learned From The Sea of Monsters

If you frequent the world of the living or are a Percy Jackson fan, you probably know about the recent release of the second movie. Despite how the first one had failed, I had pretty high hopes for this one. And maybe that was silly, I don't know. But here are five things I learned from watching it.

1. Clarisse is my favorite character.  How could she not have been before? She's pretty, funny, and totally kick butt. A lot different than book Clarisse but I thought it was a good change.

2. Some changes are okay in a book to movie. Usually I despise them, but I thought for a while they were doing a good job! ("For a while", key words here.)

3. Satyrs in dresses are hilarious. Nuff said.

4. Cyclops look awesome with dread locks. (Tyson, not Polyphemus if you were wondering.)

5. Never trust someone who eats their children. He will probably eat you too.

Overall, if the movie wasn't based off a book it would have been pretty good! As it is, I like to forget there was a book while I'm watching it.

What did you learn from The Sea of Monsters movie? If you haven't seen it yet, what about the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment