Friday, August 23, 2013

All The Feels: Link-Up

Oh how I love link-ups! They're so fun to do!
This ones about feels. What books really tapped into your emotions and made you feel with the characters?
I know this has happened to you.

Prompt: It's all about the feels this week! Walk us through the books that have had a profound emotional impact on you. Use the list below as a guideline, but feel free to adjust it to suit your purposes.
Made you laugh
Any Rick Riordan or John Flanagan. They're just funny dudes.
Made you cry
Rilla of Ingleside, Anne of Green Gables, I know there's tons more but I'm blanking.
Left you depressed
Forest Born by Shannon Hale. It puts me in a weird, half depressed, half inspired mood.
Stunned or shocked you
The. Mark. Of. Athena. Need I say more? Stupid cliff-hanger endings. (Ohmygosh. No pun intended...?)
A book that made you angry
A Conneticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain. I couldn't even finish it. The MC just ticked me off to a point where I was kinda freaking myself out with how mad I was. So I didn't finish.
Terrified you
And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë. The first one makes sense, right? But I'm sure you're confused why Jane Eyre would terrify me. I am too actually.
Makes you feel nostalgic
Any Shannon Hale books.
Mixed emotions
Inkheart. It's my favorite! (I'm sure you knew that already though.) I convinced a friend to read it, but he's borrowing my copy....I'm kind of scared for my baby... (Nerd problems right there. :P)
There's my list!
What books have put you through emotional trauma?
P.S. Be sure to join the Link-Up at The Book Chewers with your own post! 

6 comments:

  1. I thinks the blog button is...not working. ;)

    Nice list!! Oh, yeah, it IS so hard to lend books you love. I have trouble lending books to just Mime if I love them too much (or haven't read them yet...I like reading my books FIRST and then lending them). XD

    Thanks for joining in our linkup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I'm not sure what's up with that. Haha. It usually does work!

    It's especially painful because I've read it so much that some of the pages fall out...O_O

    Thanks for hosting it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the list! Absolutely YES to Forest Born. It was sort of depressing,which doesn't quite make sense because it's not a depressing book, and I wasn't really satisfied with the ending. And Jane Eyre is scary!!!!!! When she's turning the doorknob? The ribbed veil? Eeep!

    ~Gillian
    youngyankeelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The end just kind of makes me feel thoughtful and introverted. I really want another one. Like a lot.

      Oh man yes! So creepy!! But I figured I was the only one...haha.

      Delete
  4. "Rilla of Ingleside" made me cry too. Walter! Noooooo. And "Jane Eyre" is totally terrifying. There's a crazy woman locked in the attic and she tries to set different people on fire at various intervals? SCARY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even...Waaalter...*sob* I haven't read it in years but it still has me emotionally damaged...

      Delete