Thursday, April 4, 2013

Top 10 Best Book Series' To Read As A Teenager



As you may have realized, I love books. Especially if they're in a series. That way I can revisit the world and characters and it's not always the exact same story. So I put together a list of my favorite book series's (series'? I don't know how to properly say that...) for you!



1. The Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

This is a phenomenal series that has been at the top of my favorites since I was 8 years old. Lewis's characters are unforgettable. Easy to relate to, fun to read about, and the underlying message in each of the books makes it enriching as well as entertaining.

2. The Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale

These books are some that I frequently turn to as though visiting old friends. The characters are funny, endearing, and so very human. You will find yourself laughing, crying, shaking with fear, and altogether feeling with them.

3. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (As well as the sequel series The Heroes Of Olympus)

These will always be favorites of mine. The ease of reading the author's style makes it so easy to slip into the stories and forget for a few hours that I'm just reading and not actually living the book. You may find yourself laughing aloud to yourself at midnight when there's not another sound to be heard in the entire house. (At least I have)

4. The Inheritance series by Christopher Paulini

Though very thick, and often times hard to stick to, these books are worth the effort it takes and tend to suck me into the story and help me forget my world for a while.

5. The Anne books by Lucy Maud Montgomery

I find it hard not to love Anne and all the rest of the characters in these books. Wonderful classics. (I really wish Gilbert was real so I could marry him...)

6. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Though very hard to get into, these books are an awe-inspiring and elaborate story that will make you fall in love with the fair woods of Lothlorien, the wonder of the mines of Moria, the rustic beauty of Rohan, and most of all, the simple hobbits of the shire in their holes in the ground and gardens brimming with growing things. You will never forget these stories.

7. The Kane chronicles by Rick Riordan

Again this author has managed to create a world that I can slip into and forget about everything that's going on in my life. The characters are funny and lovable. I guarantee you will like Khufu if no one else. :)

8. The Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins

Though violent, these books are powerful and masterfully written. How can you not adore Rue? And I thought for sure Haymitch would be my very least favorite but he turned about to be a way better character than I anticipated.

9. The Rangers Apprentice by John Flanagan (Swearing alert! There isn't as much as some but enough to notice and be annoyed.)

This books are funny, enchanting, and will make you for sure want to be a ranger. You may find yourself trying to hide in the shadows and the cowl of your sweatshirt. And you may have the sudden urge to become a master at the long bow. This is normal. Halt is a good teacher. :)

10. The House Of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo

If you like time-travel, epic battles, old run down houses, and stories about faith and family, this series is perfect. I had to wait for each book to come out which was pure agony. The author is master at cliff-hangers so having to wait months before the next book was never good. They're all out now though so it's all good. :) Well worth a read!

So there you have it! My top 10 list of book series'! I do hope you'll try and read at least one series if you haven't already. Life is so much better with books. :)

If I've missed any that should have been included don't hesitate to add them to the list in the comments!

Cheerio!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Just hopped over to your blog from The Whisperings of The Pen. I absolutely love the Books of Bayern (particularly The Goose Girl and River Secrets)! The Anne books are of course fantastic, and I'm re-reading the Fellowship of the Ring for the fourth or fifth time right now. My goals is to re-read all of Tolkien's books by the end of the year!

    Great blog! So happy to have found a kindred spirit. :)

    ~Gillian
    youngyankeelady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! A kindred spirit! :) I'm glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete