Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Stupid Scuttle The Bug

So. I was laying in my bed one Monday night. Last night actually.

I was just laying there. Watchin a Julian Smith video, and trying to laugh quietly cause my whole family was asleep and Julian is one hilarious dude.

When out of the blue, a gigantic (we're talking quarter, maybe half dollar size) black beetle type bug appears!


I almost screamed. It was just there! Crawling really fast right next to my hand!

I did what most anyone would do in my situation.

I sacrificed my iPod.

I threw it toward the bug, while lunging backward. But of course, no bug likes iPods so that didnt work at all.

So then I tried, very unsuccessfully, to squish it with my pillow. I clearly did not realize that squishing it while it was on my bed was not a good plan at all. And also, my pillow is a shag pillow. So while I did succeed in making the bug disappear, it was now somewhere in my favorite pillow.

This was not a good situation at all.

I got out of bed, stared for a little bit, trying to work up the nerve to shake out my pillow and find the bug.

When I finally did work up the courage, I forgot one very important detail. I was now going to shake out my pillow without shoes on.

I did manage to find the bug, but since I had no shoes, I had no way of killing it.

So then I decided to try to figure out what kind of bug it was. That failed because I, being terrified of any bug, know pretty much nothing about weird bugs that appear in bedrooms.

I watched it crawl, quite speedily, towards the bookshelf at the foot of bed, all the while trying to figure out some way of killing it.

Sadly, no opportunity presented itself and the bug disappeared.

I had a very hard time trying to sleep after that. Anything that touched me now felt exactly like that bug. It was such an annoying situation to be in that I decided to name the bug Stupid Scuttle. He was very good at scuttling you know.

If he wasnt so scary, I might have befriended him. Who knows, maybe he had a family? I feel like a very shallow person now...


No comments:

Post a Comment