Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Grammatical Errors

Our world is being slowly degraded common sense wise if you ask me. Everyone seems more willing to browse Facebook, watch Netflix, spend hours on Pinterest, and do all sorts of other things on this thing we call Internet than read a good, old-fashioned book.

And because of that, our world has seemed to forget the proper use of the most common phrases, words, and punctuation marks.


They're, their, there? Forget it. Even though these words are basic, they're so often misused! And thus, your entire sentence could be changed! For instance. When you mean: "There is my dog!" What you actually said: "They're is my dog!" Umm. You're dog is named "They are". Cool beans.

Then there's, "Your and You're."

This one annoys me beyond all ends.

"Awww! You're cat is so cute!" First a dog named "they are?" Now the cat is "you are?" How weird are you really?

Now for the worst of them all in my opinion.

"Than and then."

"I love dogs! They're my favorite! But than there's cats too..."

This makes absolutely NO sense!

For those in this world who don't know the differences between these essential words, please learn them.

You know who you are.

What are your biggest pet peeves regarding grammatical errors?


-Please note, I don't want to offend anyone or hurt their feelings. If I have done so, I am deeply sorry.

2 comments: