Thursday, April 25, 2013

Camp NaNoWriMo

I have a confession to make...

But first, I wanted to tell you about this really cool thing I'm doing.

It's called Camp NaMoWriMo.

Basically, people everywhere commit to writing a novel in a month. Usually this happens in November but in April and July they do a "Camp" version.


I was doing okay. My word count goal was a very measly 15,000. (Compared to the 50,000 most people do.)

I wrote a lot late at night. I find it's easier to write then because there is absolutely no chance of being interrupted.

I used "Write or Die" a lot too. But since I was writing on my iPod, I lost 1500 words once and stopped using it. They had better make a iPhone app is all I'm saying.

Anyway, I was doing good until then. After that I kinda lost my rhythm. I stopped trying. I didn't want to anymore.

Which brings me to my confession.

I gave up.

I didn't want to. I still don't want to accept it. And really, I could still make it.

But I just don't want to anymore...

So I guess what I'm saying is; quitting stinks. Totally not worth it.

Don't do it. Because once you let yourself give up, it will take a lot to get your motivation back.

No comments:

Post a Comment