Saturday, April 6, 2013

Fame and Fortune?

So I was thinking today about being famous. I was thinking, it would be so nice to be famous...

But pretty much my whole life, I've always thought being famous would stink. I mean, I wouldn't want people following me around or always trying to talk to me in totally bizarre places.

I enjoy my peace and quiet. When I'm in a group, I usually just like to listen to people talk and only add my thoughts when they're interesting enough to share.


Of course, I can't do that all the time. I DO have one-on-one conversations. I just prefer watching.

So why would I have this desire to be famous all of a sudden? It's puzzling. And I'm not sure I like it.

What's the appeal anyway? You would never have any rest! You would go to the grocery store and all of a sudden, BAM! Everyone wants to talk to you! (Or if not everyone, a good percentage.)

Or you would go on the Internet and attempt to sneak away to your personal bubble for a while when...you see it...the picture you had prayed fervently wouldn't reach the world. You look with pure horror (as I'm sure Beyonce does) at this unflattering picture. Why me?? You say to the air.

I have decided that this unnatural urge for fame shall be stifled at once.

Do I really want my entire existence to be put under a microscope? Everything I will ever do or say?

No, the life of a celebrity is not the life for me. I would go crazy.

What about you? Would YOU be able to handle it?

No comments:

Post a Comment