Saturday, March 23, 2013

Breathing...

Have you ever been just laying in your bed, the world is silent and all of a sudden, you hear breathing?

If that's never happened to you, you have never known fear.

I was just laying in bed, trying to get to sleep. It was late, midnight to be exact.

The world was quiet, I couldn't hear a sound aside from my own breathing.

When all of a sudden...clear as day, breathing. It sounded human. Ridiculously human.


I didn't dare move. My breathing slowed, if not stopped altogether.

My mind froze. Images ran through my mind of every horror story, scary image, and creepy book I've ever seen or read.

I slowly and very discreetly raised my head to clearly see my room.

And do you know what I saw?

I saw....

My cat.

My cat has learned to breathe like a human being.

The rest of the night, I slept like a log.

No comments:

Post a Comment