Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Donna Noble

Note: This post is Doctor Who related. If you are a hater like most of my IRL friends, please don't comment with hate. Just ignore this post! Easy! Thank you very much! :)

She didn't feel important. She was just another woman. She wasn't special. She had nothing to give.
Donna Noble. The Doctor's companion. His best friend.

"Doctor, you can stop now."

This woman had no idea the role she would play. She didn't realize how important she was.

She covered up her insecurity with the most fierce of temperaments. Sarcastic and witty. And perhaps a bit hard of hearing.

"You just want TO mate?? Well, you're not matin with me spaceman!"

Donna Noble is my favorite companion for five reasons. If you hate her or think I'm crazy, bear with me. I think I have some pretty good reasons.

Reason #1: She makes me laugh. I adore her humor so much. She is so fun to watch. I think Catherine Tate did a fantastic job!

Reason #2: She is relatable.  Donna is insecure. She sees herself as someone who couldn't possibly have any role to play. It makes it so much better because she was so wrong.

Reason #3: She's the Doctor's support. His best friend. There was never anything romantic between the two. It's so refreshing to watch a friendship instead of romance sometimes.

Reason #4: She may not have been the most beautiful of the companions, but sometimes I feel like she shined the brightest. She had a gorgeous smile and amazing eyes. Her personality and sensitivity made her stunning. She was the nice one in the library. She was sensitive to other's needs. She could see the hurt in others.

Reason #5: I won't give away her ending if you don't already know but I will say, it killed me inside. The look in her eyes, the Doctor's sacrifice, and Wilfred's promise. My heart just broke in two. She didn't deserve it. She had just begun to see herself as special. She was beginning to see her worth. I think that's what made it worse for me.

Donna Noble is an amazing character. No matter what anyone says, she will always be one of the best companions.

And so, so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment