Friday, July 12, 2013

A Letter To Shasta

Hello there my dear blogglings! I have been quite busy recently. It's so hard to get anything done when I'm busy! Im behind on my writing and I haven't been able to come up with any blog ideas either. I should have planned better, huh? Anyway! I found this letter I wrote to Shasta from The Horse And His Boy by C.S. Lewis a while ago!

Dear Shasta,

I am ever so glad Lewis put you in one of his books. I have always looked up to you and your immense bravery. I'm not sure how you did it. I know I would have run away when the lion attacked Aravis! So how could you go toward it? And in the tombs! I would have died of fright by morning! Your perseverance has always amazed me as well. You ran so much. You could have just let Rabadash get to Archenland! But you chose to warn the King even though it cost you. It amazes me every time I read about it. How you must have felt! I can only imagine how good it must have felt when you gained a family and a kingdom because of that perseverance! Your humility too! You could have become such a brat of a prince! But you stayed humble. You must have been a spectacular king when you got older! How do you do it?You are such a wonderful character! I only wish I could meet you. Maybe some of your traits would rub off on me!

Very sincerely yours,~Beth

P.S. I cannot explain how happy I am that you and Aravis got married! You two are perfect. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment