Wednesday, April 29, 2015

6 Characters Who Are Bound to Make You Smile

I have found a link-up that is destined to be marvelous! I adore link-ups and everything that goes along with them. 

This weekly prompt is hosted by the girls at The Broke and the Bookish. The idea is to have a top ten post every Tuesday. 

This weeks prompt is "Top ten books which feature characters who..."


I adore books. I live off them. I sometimes feel as though my only friends are in my books. And my absolute favorite of these books are the ones whose characters are bound to make me smile and totally forget the complete horror of reality. 

You'll notice there are only six. In a "Top Ten" post. I tried dearly to come up with more, but it felt more like filler than me actually thinking the characters fit the post. So I modified it to be just six.

1.  Razo from the Books of Bayern by Shannon Hale

I love Razo. He is seriously one of my heroes. He's quick witted, funny, down to earth, and just all around a good guy. Plus, he's got the older brother protectiveness syndrome that I find quite wonderful.

2. Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and the Heroes of Olympus series' by Rick Riordan

Oh Percy. An obsession with blue food, an astounding ability to be simultaneously the smartest character in the books and the dumbest character to ever have been written. There isn't a lot of in between for my dear friend the son of the Sea God.

3. Gilbert Blythe from the Anne of Green Gables series by L.M. Montgomery

Gil is the kind of character that if you aren't in love with by the end of the books, you need your head checked. He's just wonderful.

4. Dustfinger from the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke

Dustfinger is amazing. His character has such depth. He is so pained and in anguish and trying so hard to find a lucky streak in life. It's hauntingly beautiful to read about him. (Though I suspect highly entertaining to write). I love how involved in his story I get when I read these books. 

5.  Sadie Kane from the Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan

Sadie is pretty much one of my favorite characters ever. She's funny, sarcastic, totally real, and entertaining to read. On the days when I need a serious pick-me-up or escape from reality, I turn to Uncle Rick's books, and most often, the Kane Chronicles. (Although Percy Jackson never fails to disappoint either.) 

6. Leo Valdez from aforementioned Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan

What can I say about Leo? He's totally crazy, entertaining, uplifting, and optimistic. What do I not love about this guy? Oh yeah. He's fictional. 


What do you think? Did I miss any? Which characters can make you smile no matter what?


2 comments:

  1. Percy and Leo both totally make me smile! Great list!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/04/28/top-ten-tuesdays-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are wonderful. :)

      Thanks for reading! I'm gonna jump over and check yours out!

      Delete