Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Every Good Word and Being YOU

Recently I had the oppurtunity to write a guest post for one of my favorite blogs, Every Good Word. It's a fabulous blog about writing and the struggles and lessons that go with it. It's run by an amazing girl and there's always good advice or inspiration waiting when I visit.

You should all go check it out! I promise you won't be disappointed! (If you are disappointed you have my full permission to throw a fit. Just do it privately. Maybe in a closet? Yes. That'll do nicely! Have fun!)

Today my post went up and I must say, I'm pretty thrilled! There's just something so exciting about seeing your work somewhere else in the big, wide blogosphere don't you think?

I'm even going to give you a handy dandy link to it! No need to thank me. Unless you are thanking me with chocolate. I will accept chocolate any day.

In one of the comments a very wise girl (named Ashley Tahg if you wondered) said in regards to wanting to be the next Tolkien, "I only have to be the next me."

I think that's simple but incredibly profound, don't you?

So remember, you can't be just like Tolkien or Rowling. Not Hale or Morrill. You can't even be just like Riordan or Flanagan. But you can be just like you. And that's the most important thing you can be. As a person AND a writer.

2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be cool to have young writers wanting to be the next Beth or Kate? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be SO cool! And maybe a little humbling too you know?

      Delete