Friday, October 25, 2013

A Lesson I Need To Learn

Okay so I apparently lied about the posts to come. I am so so sorry I've been inconsistent. I wanted to blog but something always got in the way or the last thing I wanted to think about was books. Which is super weird for me...I'm going to have to come up with a new way of running this blog. Yippee.

But anyway, that's not what I wanted to talk about. I want to talk about something God has been teaching me recently.

Today was really rough for me. Really, all week has been pretty bad. You see, I got a job at a retail store 3ish weeks ago and try as I might, I'm not really liking it.

I thought I would love being in a new atmosphere and having something to do and more importantly-to have my own money! (So many books I could buy!)

But so far, there's only a couple people I have really connected with (I'm the only teen so far) and I haven't quite found the groove of actually knowing what I'm doing.

But the thing that bothers me most is how little time I've had for anything else. My friends have all been getting together and I've been stuck at work. Which sucks. I'm used to being able to go to every get together, every missions trip, and every impromptu party.

It's really hard for me to cope with that. The last three times I've gone in to work, I've had to deal with major disappointments because of scheduling. (And of course being the sensitive, ridiculous teenage girl that I am, I've come home and sobbed about it.)

But what I realized tonight was, maybe God is trying to tell me something. I mean, duh! Wake up girl!

I was reminded of this summer when I noticed how much of an idol friends are in my life. I prayed so hard that my friends would never be taken from me for any reason.Thinking back, maybe that was wrong.

And now I'm starting to realize, maybe this job is God's way of weening me off them. I still need friends of course but I rely on them quite a bit. Maybe too much.

And I think that's what God is saying. "Beth, take a breather. Re-evaluate."

So that's where I am. I don't like it one little bit but that's life. I'm going to have to really focus on God and his strength while I have this job. Cause it's not going to be easy.

Conclusion? I have a long way to go. But realizing how much I've been idolizing things in my life is the first step to fixing the problem. And that's how I'm going to take it. In steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment