Sunday, May 3, 2015

Stacking the Shelves #1//The Book Jackpot



So guys. I hit the book jackpot this week and I honestly don't know what to do with my life right now. All I want to do is read, which is generally a good thing but man I need to do real adult-y things (like go to work-blah).

I have 10 new books in the past 3 days for about $5 total! 5 were 10 cents each so that totally blew my mind! Three are non-fiction and one is a book that I found in my room that someone gave me and I totally forgot about though. That counts as new right? 




1. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

Oh am I excited about this book. I can't remember ever hearing anything good or bad about it, I just remember hearing about it (selective memory, that's me!). The cover is beautiful and the blurb is SO intriguing! I dearly hope this one doesn't disappoint.


Image result for everlost book

2. Everlost by Neal Shusterman

I found this at goodwill yesterday and despite having never heard of it before, I picked it up and was instantly determined to buy it. It has potential to be fantastic but I can also see it being not so good. So we will see.

Image result for princess academy palace of stone

3. Princess Academy: Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale

I love love love Shannon Hale. And the first book in this series is one of my favorite books ever so I hope this one lives up to it's predecessors!



4. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D Salinger

I know a lot of people have read and loved this book so I decided to give it a go! 10 cent books can't steer me wrong right?


5. The Lost Years of Jane Austen by Barbara Ker Wilson

Oh man. If ever a book had potential it's this one. I love Jane Austen books and a book about her written in her style? Oh yes please!


Image result for man walks into a room book

6. Man Walks Into a Room by Nicole Krauss

I wasn't so sure about this one. It was only 10 cents so I figured it was worth trying!


Image result for if we survive

7. If We Survive by Andrew Klavan

This is the one a friend gave me that I never read. I finally read the blurb and I don't know why I didn't read it before! It looks so good! Sometimes I'm really dumb you guys. 


Image result for houses that change the world


8. Houses that Change the World by Wolfgang Simson

This book looks so powerful! I can't wait to read it!


Image result for do you know who I am book

9. Do You Know Who I Am? by Angela Thomas

I adore books like this. They make me think and oftentimes I forget to think about what matters so this is good!


Image result for a way out of no way

10. A Way out of No Way by Andrew Young

Not sure what I think about this author but the book looked so good I couldn't pass it up! I love studying this era.

I put a poll in the sidebar of my blog for you to vote on which book I should read first (of the fiction variety)! I couldn't add it to the actual post but do make sure to go vote! 

This post is part of a weekly link-up, head over here to find the original post! 

So what books are new to you all? Have you read any of the ones I picked up this week? What do you think of buying books at second hand stores?




2 comments:

  1. Oh WOW. You did do super well there!! That Neal Shusterman book looks AMAZING. I've only read two of his (Unwind and Brusier) but I loved them so much and it's a goal of mine this year to read as many books from him as I can. XD
    I always buy second hand....just because I'm poor. lol And I don't mind if books are battered, although I do get sad that I'm not supporting authors by buying them this way, but we do what we can, right?!
    I'm reading Vicious right now and LOVING it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I very much liked getting them! I bought Dorothy Must Die today at Barnes and Noble with a gift card I had. I must say it's going to be absolutely wonderful, I can tell already!

      I am really excited for this Neal Shusterman. It's calling to me. Haha

      I buy second hand almost always (except in cases of gift cards-see above) and I find it's much more satisfying. I don't know why, just is for me. Plus, I'm poor too so that does add to the motivation!

      Vicious looks so good! I need to get me a copy!

      Delete